Monday, February 7, 2011

Exclusive Interview with Nile Ross

Nile Ross could be the next hip hop sensation!
Not even two weeks after his first performance, Nile Ross has captured the attention of nationwide hip hop fans and  also interviewers. With a solid experience in creating poetry, Nile is committed in transforming the hip hop culture with his presence. In this interview Nile Ross  reveals how the title of his soon to be released mixtape: Now You Know is linked to his talent, which began coming out of its shell during his High School years. On February 11, 2011 that untold story of this talented new singer will be entirely exposed for the competitive world of hip hop. Nile Ross is a New Jersey native and currently lives in Arizona. Now, let's see what he's got!
Nile is prepared and keeps reaching more fans every day!
1. As soon as I heard your song One For The Money  I immediately noticed that you have  a remarkable potential; considering that I am a huge hip hop fan. Needless to say, your talent is a broad and I truly hope that you go really far in your ventures. How did you build a connection between poetry (during earlier years) and songwriting? Also, how did this practice made you transition into embracing the love for performing?
Thank you. Well ever since I could hold a pencil I've always been writing or drawing. Creativity just runs in the family. My mom is an art director and my dad was an actor at one time. I remember in elementary school we would have projects on poetry and at the end of the week we would have to write one. At the end of the project whoevers poem the class felt was the best was entered in a chance to be in a children's poetry book. So, at the end of the week I read mine and everybody loved it. I didnt really think much about it, I just wrote what was on my mind with ease. However the class, especially my teacher really took a liking to it. I was chosen to put my poem in the book. My poem didn't get a chance into the book because I had to write a whole bunch of information about myself and I was too lazy to want to do it. But I didn't really start honing in on my poetry skills until about 9th grade in high school. When I started making songs truly was around August of 2010. I just started messing with beats and decided to make a rap about it.Thats how it all started.

2. While growing up in New Jersey, were you surrounded by friends or relatives that were involved in poetry, or perhaps were musicians? Also, what did you use as a base or foundation for the message that you wanted to transmit or express in your writing?
I don't think I knew anyone who was a musician or was doing poetry growing up in New Jersey. In my music I always leave a message. What I always want to come across my listeners is the fact that I'm real and keep things honest in a positive way. And I base that off of my own experiences and obstacles that Ive gone through strongly.
Nile reflects his commitment on his new mixtape.
3. As we anticipate your mixtape Now You Know in February 11th, what can we expect from Nile Ross?
You're going to expect so much! I know I already have past songs I've done off my computer. But this mixtape is nothing like any of those songs, quality, and lyric wise. I've upgraded to a studio now. The sound and effects are going to awesome. The mixtape is for all the people who don't know I have a broad talent with lyrics. During High School I definitly wasn't someone to be known for that because I kept my poetry on low key. I want people to know how serious I am with my music. I'm going to be dedicating everything I have for this music.Thats why its called Now You Know  My point will come across with this tape. You won't be disappointed.

4.Tell us about your past performances. Where have you been able to integrate your abilities on stage or in front of a crowd and how do you describe the vibe and the dynamic that exists between you and the audience?
On January 28th of 2011. I had my first performance with rap. It was awesome. It was with my friend Chuck who was featured in my One For The Money single. We totally moved the crowd and they loved us. I felt the energy of the crowd and fed off of that as I got more hyped into it. I realized early that if you pour your heart into your song in front of the audience the crowd will feel every single word you say and just have total connection with you. I was so comfortable on stage. I loved it.

5. There's always someone that we feel has been an influence in our aspirations. Who, among other rappers that oftenly make headlines for their great progress have you classified as a role model?
My biggest role model is Drake. He's had a huge influence on me when it comes to music. I feel I can relate to him more than any other rapper. He shows me that you can do anything you put your heart and mind to. No matter where your brought up from. He's not that kind of rapper that just raps about non sense, he talks about real things going on in his life and his struggles. I really want to be viewed and respected like that. Where he is at right now,at his age, I want to be there at that age or younger and do it even bigger.That's my goal. And I know I'll get there.



Listen to his music!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...