njdude26
04-08 08:05 AM
im sure you can come back if you drive into Canada because your I94 will still be with you.
wallpaper like Black Ops and LEGO
whitecollarslave
02-10 01:05 PM
All the tactics used by groups opposing EB immigration and in particular H-1B visas center around one central theme - foreign (H-1B) workers are cheap labor. While they may have identified specific cases, it is not representative of the entire EB (and H-1B) community. Most of us are paid much more than higher end of prevailing wage, plus 10-20K in immigration costs. Many of us are physicians with NIW and working in medically under served areas.
How about we stand in silent, peaceful protest against the H-1B ban to show that the common perception of H-1B workers is not all correct. I suggest we do this either in front of the Capitol on the day when the House-Senate joint committee is considering the bill or on the day when President Obama signs the bill in front of the White House. Our goal will be simple - we will try to pass on one message - We are not cheap labor. The way we do this -
Each of us will create a poster with our 2008 W-2 blown up that shows the income (100k+), show that we are paying all taxes (Medicare, SS, etc.). We can scratch off employer name, address, etc.
We can wear white strips around our lips to symbolize our protest to be silent, peaceful.
We can have some flyers ready with relevant information.
These are just some preliminary ideas. I am sure others here will have much better ideas to get our point across - We are not cheap labor.
I know skeptics and nay sayers tell me that this is useless, etc. etc. I have two things to day about that - First, if we don't do anything we don't gain anything anyways. Second, I do not expect the Congress to change anything just based on any protest like this. What this will do is that it will plant a seed of a forgotten concept that foreign workers like you and me are not cheap. I feel confident that we can find somebody to report this.
Anybody up for it? Even if 10 of us are ready I think we should do it. Timing this right is important. We have to move swiftly.
How about we stand in silent, peaceful protest against the H-1B ban to show that the common perception of H-1B workers is not all correct. I suggest we do this either in front of the Capitol on the day when the House-Senate joint committee is considering the bill or on the day when President Obama signs the bill in front of the White House. Our goal will be simple - we will try to pass on one message - We are not cheap labor. The way we do this -
Each of us will create a poster with our 2008 W-2 blown up that shows the income (100k+), show that we are paying all taxes (Medicare, SS, etc.). We can scratch off employer name, address, etc.
We can wear white strips around our lips to symbolize our protest to be silent, peaceful.
We can have some flyers ready with relevant information.
These are just some preliminary ideas. I am sure others here will have much better ideas to get our point across - We are not cheap labor.
I know skeptics and nay sayers tell me that this is useless, etc. etc. I have two things to day about that - First, if we don't do anything we don't gain anything anyways. Second, I do not expect the Congress to change anything just based on any protest like this. What this will do is that it will plant a seed of a forgotten concept that foreign workers like you and me are not cheap. I feel confident that we can find somebody to report this.
Anybody up for it? Even if 10 of us are ready I think we should do it. Timing this right is important. We have to move swiftly.
talash
10-15 11:47 PM
Sorry to hear about ur denail .I've been through this .Unfortunately u cant fime MTR bacause it has to be within 30 to 33 days of denail depending how u get ur denail notice .U can file an apeal but that will take more time then filing a new 140 and getting spproval .I dont know if u can use old labour .If u can use old labout then better to file new 140 with approved labour .If u cant use old labout then apeal may be batter becaue more n more labours are goin to audit and endless delays .
hope it helps .
hope it helps .
2011 LEGO Black Ops | OWNT
nashim
07-16 04:06 PM
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) approval letter from my previous employer is not required. Old employer can revoke I-140 any time not PD
2) Yes
3) approval letter from my previous employer is not required. Old employer can revoke I-140 any time not PD
more...
lazycis
02-14 04:48 PM
Violation of regulations is also affirmative misconduct.
Here is an extract from my brief
8 CFR ? 103.2(b)(18), titled ?Withholding adjudication?:
?A district director may authorize withholding adjudication of a visa petition or other application if the district director determines that an investigation has been undertaken involving a matter relating to eligibility or the exercise of discretion, where applicable, in connection with the application or petition, and that the disclosure of information to the applicant or petitioner in connection with the adjudication of the application or petition would prejudice the ongoing investigation.
If an investigation has been undertaken and has not been completed within one year of its inception, the district director shall review the matter and determine whether adjudication of the petition or application should be held in abeyance for six months or until the investigation is completed, whichever comes sooner. If, after six months of the district director?s determination, the investigation has not been completed, the matter shall be reviewed again by the district director and, if he/she concludes that more time is needed to complete the investigation, adjudication may be held in abeyance for up to another six months. If the investigation is not completed at the end of that time, the matter shall be referred to the regional commissioner, who may authorize that adjudication be held in abeyance for another six months. Thereafter, if the Associate Commissioner, Examinations, with the concurrence of the Associate Commissioner, Enforcement, determines it is necessary to continue to withhold adjudication pending completion of the investigation, he/she shall review that determination every six months.?
The legal alien?s application has been pending for over 2.5 years at the time of filing his complaint with the District Court. So, according to the requirements of 8 CFR ? 103.2(b)(18), his application should have been reviewed twice by the USCIS district director (at 1 and 1.5 year marks), once by the USCIS regional commissioner (at 2 year mark) and once by the Associate Commissioner, Examinations, with the concurrence of the Associate Commissioner, Enforcement. There is no evidence on record that these procedures have been followed. Therefore, the USCIS have violated the Federal regulations and ?unlawfully withheld? adjudication of the legal alien?s application. Furthermore, 8 CFR ? 103.2(b)(18) is not part of the Subchapter II of the Chapter 12 of the INA, therefore jurisdictional bar of ? 242(a)(2)(B)(ii) does not preclude review of the withholding of adjudication.
Here is an extract from my brief
8 CFR ? 103.2(b)(18), titled ?Withholding adjudication?:
?A district director may authorize withholding adjudication of a visa petition or other application if the district director determines that an investigation has been undertaken involving a matter relating to eligibility or the exercise of discretion, where applicable, in connection with the application or petition, and that the disclosure of information to the applicant or petitioner in connection with the adjudication of the application or petition would prejudice the ongoing investigation.
If an investigation has been undertaken and has not been completed within one year of its inception, the district director shall review the matter and determine whether adjudication of the petition or application should be held in abeyance for six months or until the investigation is completed, whichever comes sooner. If, after six months of the district director?s determination, the investigation has not been completed, the matter shall be reviewed again by the district director and, if he/she concludes that more time is needed to complete the investigation, adjudication may be held in abeyance for up to another six months. If the investigation is not completed at the end of that time, the matter shall be referred to the regional commissioner, who may authorize that adjudication be held in abeyance for another six months. Thereafter, if the Associate Commissioner, Examinations, with the concurrence of the Associate Commissioner, Enforcement, determines it is necessary to continue to withhold adjudication pending completion of the investigation, he/she shall review that determination every six months.?
The legal alien?s application has been pending for over 2.5 years at the time of filing his complaint with the District Court. So, according to the requirements of 8 CFR ? 103.2(b)(18), his application should have been reviewed twice by the USCIS district director (at 1 and 1.5 year marks), once by the USCIS regional commissioner (at 2 year mark) and once by the Associate Commissioner, Examinations, with the concurrence of the Associate Commissioner, Enforcement. There is no evidence on record that these procedures have been followed. Therefore, the USCIS have violated the Federal regulations and ?unlawfully withheld? adjudication of the legal alien?s application. Furthermore, 8 CFR ? 103.2(b)(18) is not part of the Subchapter II of the Chapter 12 of the INA, therefore jurisdictional bar of ? 242(a)(2)(B)(ii) does not preclude review of the withholding of adjudication.
brij523
11-07 12:26 PM
brij523.. Taking time out for IV even though you have your GC
My Pleasure!!
My Pleasure!!
more...
chi_shark
10-08 10:43 AM
not website... just the category... thanks for your opinion...
also, title leaves the possibility that the content talks about a creative new business idea... or some creative twist in interpretation of law...
I see nothing wrong with this topic at this website. We had a lot of pressure on GC. The bad economy just made our life worse. We need some high spirit.
And the title clearly indicates that it is not about any specific immigration issue. People don't have to click when not interested.
also, title leaves the possibility that the content talks about a creative new business idea... or some creative twist in interpretation of law...
I see nothing wrong with this topic at this website. We had a lot of pressure on GC. The bad economy just made our life worse. We need some high spirit.
And the title clearly indicates that it is not about any specific immigration issue. People don't have to click when not interested.
2010 Black Ops Characters in Lego
Giri Velamore
02-10 03:03 PM
Hi
I saw the news about the passage of the stimulus proposals in Senate. Already there is a debate about dissociating the clause of 'Buy American' from the Steel sector. President Obama has mentioned that he doesn't want to have protectionist approach in the Stimulus package. So, in my opinion the proposal of Senators Grassley and Sanders about recruiting American workers for TARP funded companies might not be implemented. I agree it is a case of having a positive expectation whereas the members are preparing to face a bad situation.
I saw the news about the passage of the stimulus proposals in Senate. Already there is a debate about dissociating the clause of 'Buy American' from the Steel sector. President Obama has mentioned that he doesn't want to have protectionist approach in the Stimulus package. So, in my opinion the proposal of Senators Grassley and Sanders about recruiting American workers for TARP funded companies might not be implemented. I agree it is a case of having a positive expectation whereas the members are preparing to face a bad situation.
more...
sledge_hammer
05-21 04:55 PM
Thanks kalinga_sena, StuckInTheMuck, and nashim!
hair lego black ops mason
Atishbazi
03-31 03:26 PM
I am thinking of starting my own company doing work similar to what I am employed for? Can I quit my job and start my own firm on EAD. I will be the sole proprietor and employee and the business would essentially operate as a startup for the foreseeable future. Will this be ok during I-485 adjudication? or do i need a regular job?
Atish.
Atish.
more...
smuggymba
08-19 10:35 AM
Really! ... dude go around and look at forum, than tell me how every other post is 100% directed towards Immigration.
If you had read the link, you would have been educated on avoiding scams that could happen with you or your loved ones in future. Next time pay attention before you reply!
No where in the news piece it's mentioned that he is on Indian origin. Your headline says - Indian Origin doc.................
Really dude...LOL. Grow up
If you had read the link, you would have been educated on avoiding scams that could happen with you or your loved ones in future. Next time pay attention before you reply!
No where in the news piece it's mentioned that he is on Indian origin. Your headline says - Indian Origin doc.................
Really dude...LOL. Grow up
hot lego black ops mason
kamakya
05-14 09:48 AM
Urbana in Frederick county. The schools there are the best and lots of Indians and property tax is pretty low compared to other places.
more...
house Lego Black Ops Reznov.
indyanguy
06-18 02:22 PM
I received the very heartbreaking news that my EB3 PERM application filed OCT 2007 (with audit) was denied. Audit was requesting a copy of the Newspaper AD which the lawyer sent last NOV 2007. Reson for denial was because the copy that the DOL recieved was not clear and some words as part of the Newspaper name was missing.... An appeal will be filed soon.
Any suggestions from the gurus?
I have bachelors with more than 5 years of experience, is it adviseable to file new PERM under EB2 category?
For people who filed motion for an appeal, could you please post your feedbacks/experiences?
Sorry to hear that. I don't know the answer to your original question but I hope you have a way of extending your H1?
Any suggestions from the gurus?
I have bachelors with more than 5 years of experience, is it adviseable to file new PERM under EB2 category?
For people who filed motion for an appeal, could you please post your feedbacks/experiences?
Sorry to hear that. I don't know the answer to your original question but I hope you have a way of extending your H1?
tattoo lego black ops mason
nlalchandani
10-02 06:28 AM
Hi All,
Just a brief overview of my scenario...I came to US on H1b in Nov 2006 for a small consultancy and started work after 2 weeks .....and continued at the client until the last day..
My Company used to pay us 1 month lately i.e for say month of mar we were paid in may....as such when i left them after giving them proper notice i had to take 2 months salary ......after a lot of persistence from my side my employer deposited my 1 month salary in bank account but diditn sent the associated paystub and stopped replying for the other month salary and paystubs...
meanwhile I applied for H1 Transfer through a reputed company in July before resigning and giving the paystub for may which was generated in month of July......
I am waiting for the transfer to complete so as to report my previous employer to DOL....for recovering my wages and documents.....
I have all the valid documents like approved timesheets and client reference and letter citing out details of dates till i worked as well as email correspondence with my previous employer...
In worst case if INS ask me for the June and July Paystubs which i didnt get from my employer, can it effect the H1 Transfer and if so can the document like timesheets and client letters,bank statements, email correspondence with my previous employer suffice.......
If u all support i want to teach this guy a lesson...so please come forward and give me suggestions....although i was always working but still due to this stupid guy i have doubts in my mind....
Hey People i want justice ,this guy has harrassed me a lot and put my carreer at least 2 years back....i had excellent background allways worked with reputed concerns...
Please help...any help will be highly appreciated.
I was in a similar situation and filed a complaint with state DOL...It is going to be a year and haven't heard back from them. I will follow up and check the status.. Every state has limits till when u can file the complaint so do check. Send me a PM if you plan to file TX/IL...
Just a brief overview of my scenario...I came to US on H1b in Nov 2006 for a small consultancy and started work after 2 weeks .....and continued at the client until the last day..
My Company used to pay us 1 month lately i.e for say month of mar we were paid in may....as such when i left them after giving them proper notice i had to take 2 months salary ......after a lot of persistence from my side my employer deposited my 1 month salary in bank account but diditn sent the associated paystub and stopped replying for the other month salary and paystubs...
meanwhile I applied for H1 Transfer through a reputed company in July before resigning and giving the paystub for may which was generated in month of July......
I am waiting for the transfer to complete so as to report my previous employer to DOL....for recovering my wages and documents.....
I have all the valid documents like approved timesheets and client reference and letter citing out details of dates till i worked as well as email correspondence with my previous employer...
In worst case if INS ask me for the June and July Paystubs which i didnt get from my employer, can it effect the H1 Transfer and if so can the document like timesheets and client letters,bank statements, email correspondence with my previous employer suffice.......
If u all support i want to teach this guy a lesson...so please come forward and give me suggestions....although i was always working but still due to this stupid guy i have doubts in my mind....
Hey People i want justice ,this guy has harrassed me a lot and put my carreer at least 2 years back....i had excellent background allways worked with reputed concerns...
Please help...any help will be highly appreciated.
I was in a similar situation and filed a complaint with state DOL...It is going to be a year and haven't heard back from them. I will follow up and check the status.. Every state has limits till when u can file the complaint so do check. Send me a PM if you plan to file TX/IL...
more...
pictures lego black ops mason
msyedy
03-10 12:08 PM
Hello,
My wife is planning to convert from H4 to H1 for dentist.
1) Does she need a dental license to apply for H1 ?
She 'qualifies' for a dental license (ie meets all requirements), but almost all states require a SSN to issue a dental license. Since she is on H4, she doesnt have a SSN. Problem: Dental License needs SSN - SSN needs H1 - H1 needs license - basically a "Catch 22" position here
2) I did some googling and found that UCSIS issues H1 for 1 year for nurses who do not have license(because of no SSN). Would this apply to dentists as well ?? link (http://www.murthy.com/nurse_faq.html#2)
Please help !
Thanks !!
H1-B is all sponser based. You just can't go to USCIS and say that give my wife H1-B. You need an employer who is willing to hire her, show how much he is willing to pay and many more things. You say for a license she needs SSN, so there is your answer
"NO"
Nurses come under schedule A which is completely different
Main point---
Nurses is completely a different cap and category.
My wife is planning to convert from H4 to H1 for dentist.
1) Does she need a dental license to apply for H1 ?
She 'qualifies' for a dental license (ie meets all requirements), but almost all states require a SSN to issue a dental license. Since she is on H4, she doesnt have a SSN. Problem: Dental License needs SSN - SSN needs H1 - H1 needs license - basically a "Catch 22" position here
2) I did some googling and found that UCSIS issues H1 for 1 year for nurses who do not have license(because of no SSN). Would this apply to dentists as well ?? link (http://www.murthy.com/nurse_faq.html#2)
Please help !
Thanks !!
H1-B is all sponser based. You just can't go to USCIS and say that give my wife H1-B. You need an employer who is willing to hire her, show how much he is willing to pay and many more things. You say for a license she needs SSN, so there is your answer
"NO"
Nurses come under schedule A which is completely different
Main point---
Nurses is completely a different cap and category.
dresses LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
grinch
05-11 01:56 PM
The font and color of font doesn't fit in the apple stamp ;)
more...
makeup Black ops lego zombies,
innervoice
01-10 05:57 PM
My son I-485 application got rejected in Sept 07 and the I resubmitted the application in Oct 07 with correct fees, Check got cleared in Dec 07 and received FP notice with appointment due date in Jan 08, but haven't got my I-485 receipt yet, I talked to customer service and she said it showing the application is rejected on Sep 07, and she will made further inquiry and let me know through email. This thing really scared me, Can someone please shed on light on this.
girlfriend Lego Star Wars III: The Clone
bsbawa10
08-14 10:50 PM
The spreadsheet is totally sorted now according to the PD. I had to make one change though. The day of the month of PD was not mentioned and I had to write something to sort it out. I made it 1st of the month for everybody to be able to so sorting. You can change the day if you want to. Also please do not sort the data yourself. I will do it periodically. Just enter your info at the end.
Bawa
Bawa
hairstyles Call of Duty: Black Ops
drona
07-12 01:48 PM
Can you send me the letter by PM or post it here? Would like to see the format. I could send one as well or fax it to him.
lostinbeta
09-06 02:19 PM
I started with 6. It isn't THAT much of an upgrade from 6. It does have a few little features that I like, like dynamic brushes that change direction and color.
gc_peshwa
03-10 05:05 PM
Does it differ from state to state? IDK..BTW I am in CA if that matters to SBI :)
No comments:
Post a Comment