fromnaija
09-26 01:32 PM
Hi All,
My visa will expire (6 yrs completion) in the month of October 2007. What can I do next. Will I get an years extension based on the Green card filing. What is the standard procedure ?
CCC2006
Fiirst, I think you should have started a new thread with your question and not bury it under this discussion. Having said that, to get an extension after the six year H limit, you need to have labor certification application filed at least 365 days prior to your expiry date or alternatively have an immigrant petition approved on your behalf by that date.
My visa will expire (6 yrs completion) in the month of October 2007. What can I do next. Will I get an years extension based on the Green card filing. What is the standard procedure ?
CCC2006
Fiirst, I think you should have started a new thread with your question and not bury it under this discussion. Having said that, to get an extension after the six year H limit, you need to have labor certification application filed at least 365 days prior to your expiry date or alternatively have an immigrant petition approved on your behalf by that date.
vallabhu
07-03 03:35 PM
First question
Is your existing H1 still valid and how many days you you have on that.
You have two scenarios here
1) H1 approved while u r in Mexico
2) H1 approved after comming back to US
1)
if your h1 is approved when you are in Mexico, you will have new I94 when returning to the country with the validity date of existing H1 and you have to go out country again and get it stamped or get that document over to you get your passport stammped and then come back
Second is safest bet for you.
Is your existing H1 still valid and how many days you you have on that.
You have two scenarios here
1) H1 approved while u r in Mexico
2) H1 approved after comming back to US
1)
if your h1 is approved when you are in Mexico, you will have new I94 when returning to the country with the validity date of existing H1 and you have to go out country again and get it stamped or get that document over to you get your passport stammped and then come back
Second is safest bet for you.
capriol
07-06 11:54 AM
Dear Friends:
I am not sure why nobody is answering to my questions on their AP travel experiences. Please reply, I am almost freaking out not know what sorts of obstacles I might face at Delhi and Amsterdam without a H1B stamped visa. My queries are as below:
I will be returning from India soon by KLM (via the Delhi-Amsterdam-U.S route), with an AP, 485 pending receipt, an H1B status BUT with an expired H1B visa on your passport? Given that I have these documents, I have decided not to get my H1B visa re-stamped in India. But now, I am getting a little panicked as the time is nearing for the following reasons (and these related questions). Will you please answer them for me:
(1) If I have the AP documents, the 485 pending receipt, and my HIB paperwork with me (but not the H1B visa stamped in my passport), will I be able to re-enter the U.S? Will there be any problems at the port of entry?
(2) At Delhi and at Amsterdam, will the immigraiton folks give me trouble if they see an expired HIB visa on my passport? Can they refuse to let me board the plane? Have any of you traveling via Delhi and Amstredam experienced any problems from the immigration folks?
Please share your experiences. Thanks a lot.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
I am not sure why nobody is answering to my questions on their AP travel experiences. Please reply, I am almost freaking out not know what sorts of obstacles I might face at Delhi and Amsterdam without a H1B stamped visa. My queries are as below:
I will be returning from India soon by KLM (via the Delhi-Amsterdam-U.S route), with an AP, 485 pending receipt, an H1B status BUT with an expired H1B visa on your passport? Given that I have these documents, I have decided not to get my H1B visa re-stamped in India. But now, I am getting a little panicked as the time is nearing for the following reasons (and these related questions). Will you please answer them for me:
(1) If I have the AP documents, the 485 pending receipt, and my HIB paperwork with me (but not the H1B visa stamped in my passport), will I be able to re-enter the U.S? Will there be any problems at the port of entry?
(2) At Delhi and at Amsterdam, will the immigraiton folks give me trouble if they see an expired HIB visa on my passport? Can they refuse to let me board the plane? Have any of you traveling via Delhi and Amstredam experienced any problems from the immigration folks?
Please share your experiences. Thanks a lot.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
JSimmivoice
01-25 01:08 PM
Oops mistake in my previous post, my visa stamp on the passport expired Last Year.
more...
eager_immi
02-12 12:45 PM
Do u think this will inspire lazy people?
skumar9
04-13 03:20 PM
In my Query it states as 30 days...
more...
sbabunle
05-27 05:12 PM
Thats not right.. I check in here at least once a day. :)
Problem with the poll is that only people with not current PD come here, people with current PD do not come here any longer...
Problem with the poll is that only people with not current PD come here, people with current PD do not come here any longer...
Mayra75
12-31 08:16 AM
YES. I believe that will certainly be re-introduced as one of the measures in 2006
Indio ;
Do you know that is this will be in next Feb. ? and which bill that will include this issue ?
Thanks so much for your reply,,
Indio ;
Do you know that is this will be in next Feb. ? and which bill that will include this issue ?
Thanks so much for your reply,,
more...
Anders ?stberg
July 15th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Thanks Nick!
I have this goal, or more of a hope really, of coming home with one "OK" shot every time I go out. It doesn't always happen, but today makes up for a couple of those not so good days. :)
I have this goal, or more of a hope really, of coming home with one "OK" shot every time I go out. It doesn't always happen, but today makes up for a couple of those not so good days. :)
desi3933
07-09 02:18 PM
I am not asking how to snatch the sugarcane out of an Elephant's mouth. I just want to poke the cane in his mouth until he bleeds, so that he will think twice before he grabs on the sugarcane next time. You know what I mean???
I learned my lesson and just want to teach him something out of this as well. HELP ME here?
Don't let your emotions cloud your judgment.
I learned my lesson and just want to teach him something out of this as well. HELP ME here?
Don't let your emotions cloud your judgment.
more...
ski_dude12
12-22 12:27 PM
Please contribute to IV.
I am having tough time in getting an appointment with my local Representative and let them know what out problems are. And now this DEC bulletin is making my head spin.
---may be this bulletin will push me more in getting just an appointment--
:cool:God bless America:cool:
I am having tough time in getting an appointment with my local Representative and let them know what out problems are. And now this DEC bulletin is making my head spin.
---may be this bulletin will push me more in getting just an appointment--
:cool:God bless America:cool:
PDOCT05
08-15 01:17 PM
Sent on 07/02, reached on 07/03. Notice date is 08/13. Checks were encashed on 08/14. :):)
140 was approved from Nebraska.
Good luck to all of you. You will get it soon.
Congrats.Can you share who signed your packet and what time it reached NSC? I am just curious whether i will have any luck..to get the RN in next couple of days.
140 was approved from Nebraska.
Good luck to all of you. You will get it soon.
Congrats.Can you share who signed your packet and what time it reached NSC? I am just curious whether i will have any luck..to get the RN in next couple of days.
more...
raysaikat
07-30 07:18 PM
I am stuck out side of US for my name check for last 9 months when I applied for my H-1. I have approved I 140. is there any way I can file my I 1485 and Advance parole or any thing to get back into US.
Some one has told me that I can use consular processing but have no idea about that.
Please help me and let me know what are possible options for me to return to US.
You cannot file I-485 unless you are physically present in the US. You can request a consular processing; i.e., for getting the green card when your PD is current, you will have to be in your home country where the IO in the US consulate will interview you (just like H1-B interview) and make a decision regarding whether to give you green card or not. Applying for CP or anything else connected to GC will not make you eligible to enter US. You must have a visa (or green card) for that.
Some one has told me that I can use consular processing but have no idea about that.
Please help me and let me know what are possible options for me to return to US.
You cannot file I-485 unless you are physically present in the US. You can request a consular processing; i.e., for getting the green card when your PD is current, you will have to be in your home country where the IO in the US consulate will interview you (just like H1-B interview) and make a decision regarding whether to give you green card or not. Applying for CP or anything else connected to GC will not make you eligible to enter US. You must have a visa (or green card) for that.
digitalrain
06-25 05:05 PM
Unfortunately, there are no good solutions to this problem. Humanitarian Parole is possible, but not likely except in extreme cases such as where there is a serious or life threatening illness. You should consider consulting an immigration attorney with expertise in such matters to to determine what if any chance there is for Humanitarian Parole given your family's particular circumstances.
Another strategy might be for your wife to come to the US and immediately apply for asylum in her own right. If she is granted asylum, then she can file an I-730 for your child. This strategy is complicated and could do more harm than good depending again on the particular facts of your situation. Accordingly, before taking any action, I urge you to seek expert legal representation.
Thank you very much for the response.
I have a lawyer,he advised me to ask the US Embassy to issue the kid a Humanitarian Parole,but I'm not sure if these guys know how to process these kind of unusual cases.They told my wife that I have to file a relative petition.As far as I know he is not eligible for derivative asylum since he got born after my asylum approval.
I wonder if she,my wife,can apply for humanitarian parole at the US Embassy?Or do I have to apply for humanitarian parole?
Lawers that I know are expensive and I'm not sure if these guys really know what are they doing.
I would really appreciate any advice from anyone.
Another strategy might be for your wife to come to the US and immediately apply for asylum in her own right. If she is granted asylum, then she can file an I-730 for your child. This strategy is complicated and could do more harm than good depending again on the particular facts of your situation. Accordingly, before taking any action, I urge you to seek expert legal representation.
Thank you very much for the response.
I have a lawyer,he advised me to ask the US Embassy to issue the kid a Humanitarian Parole,but I'm not sure if these guys know how to process these kind of unusual cases.They told my wife that I have to file a relative petition.As far as I know he is not eligible for derivative asylum since he got born after my asylum approval.
I wonder if she,my wife,can apply for humanitarian parole at the US Embassy?Or do I have to apply for humanitarian parole?
Lawers that I know are expensive and I'm not sure if these guys really know what are they doing.
I would really appreciate any advice from anyone.
more...
absaarkhan
01-29 10:18 AM
To Anantc
Yes She can work as long as the EAD is Valid.
Yes She can work as long as the EAD is Valid.

mnq1979
06-26 09:39 AM
I jst got an update on my and my wife I-485; i am not sure what it is about as i have not received the RFE yet.....but i think they are asking for our BC as we did not provide them when we applied for I-485;
I want to know that is it OK if i provide USCIS with the 2 AFFIDEVITS, one for me and one for my wife stating all the information such as Name, Date of Birth, City of Birth, Country of Birth, Mothers Name and Fathers Name.
Gettign the birth certificate is a very long procedure and i dont think i would have them soon. So i was wondering will it be OK if i provide them with the Affidevits. Will USCIS accept it!!!!
Lastly, i would appreciate if some one can give me the template that what text should be included in the affedevit !!!!
Thanks in advance !!!!!
I want to know that is it OK if i provide USCIS with the 2 AFFIDEVITS, one for me and one for my wife stating all the information such as Name, Date of Birth, City of Birth, Country of Birth, Mothers Name and Fathers Name.
Gettign the birth certificate is a very long procedure and i dont think i would have them soon. So i was wondering will it be OK if i provide them with the Affidevits. Will USCIS accept it!!!!
Lastly, i would appreciate if some one can give me the template that what text should be included in the affedevit !!!!
Thanks in advance !!!!!
more...
eb3retro
08-06 11:36 AM
Received an email from CRIS stating that Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident. Those who are tracking approval, check out IV profile/tracker.
congrats, ur online profile does not say if u r eb2 or 3 and whats ur PD ?
congrats, ur online profile does not say if u r eb2 or 3 and whats ur PD ?
centaur
07-28 04:18 PM
:)
One more expert...:D
One more expert...:D
balan2008
07-07 05:46 PM
Who ever is dependent, they have to be in the relationship with the Primary until the GC is approved. If the relationship gets broken before the GC approval, the dependent's GC will be denied. But again, if the USCIS is not aware of the divorce and no RFE's then even the dependent also gets approved. But one should always inform USCIS about their change in Status, it may be an Address Change, Employer Change, Marital Status change.
The Primary's GC application will not be affected with the Divorce.
Thanks for the valuable information. But we all know the I-485 process take long period of time. Mean time if I marry again, do I have to wait for the priority date to be current in order to Apply I-485 for my new wife?
thanks
balan.
The Primary's GC application will not be affected with the Divorce.
Thanks for the valuable information. But we all know the I-485 process take long period of time. Mean time if I marry again, do I have to wait for the priority date to be current in order to Apply I-485 for my new wife?
thanks
balan.
sunnymit
06-23 11:02 AM
In your first post you said you were not from europe which is why greyhair asked you for your country of birth.
Anyway, being from Europe will put you in the ROW (Rest of the World) category and based on the last visa bulletin (Visa Bulletin for July 2010 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5019.html)) the priority date for EB3 is 15AUG03 where as EB2 is Current. If you can file in EB2 all is well for you, if not, then based on the priority date for EB3 it will take a long time for you to get the GC. Keep in mind though that ROW is not as bad as some other countries like India and China but the fact that it is currently in 03 indicates that there is certainly a backlog that needs to be cleared before the dates get current.
Hope that helps..
Anyway, being from Europe will put you in the ROW (Rest of the World) category and based on the last visa bulletin (Visa Bulletin for July 2010 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5019.html)) the priority date for EB3 is 15AUG03 where as EB2 is Current. If you can file in EB2 all is well for you, if not, then based on the priority date for EB3 it will take a long time for you to get the GC. Keep in mind though that ROW is not as bad as some other countries like India and China but the fact that it is currently in 03 indicates that there is certainly a backlog that needs to be cleared before the dates get current.
Hope that helps..
gcgonewild
02-14 12:25 PM
Since you have GC, don't bother about joining the client right now.
Take a break or vacation. Join some other vendor for sometime.
Change your home address. Don't ever take up any mail package.
NJ is not like California. You are indeed answerable, not because the non-compete is valid, but since you have signed some thing that says non-compete.
Rarely these BSs stand all the way to trial, yet they want to intimidate you, take your money and happiness.
These suckers need to be shown where they belong.
Make sure you have documents of everything. Paystubs from the day one you joined. New LCAs for all your work location and you've been paid all prevailing wages etc.
It is advisible you contact a lawyer asap. Do not waste any time.
PM me.
Take a break or vacation. Join some other vendor for sometime.
Change your home address. Don't ever take up any mail package.
NJ is not like California. You are indeed answerable, not because the non-compete is valid, but since you have signed some thing that says non-compete.
Rarely these BSs stand all the way to trial, yet they want to intimidate you, take your money and happiness.
These suckers need to be shown where they belong.
Make sure you have documents of everything. Paystubs from the day one you joined. New LCAs for all your work location and you've been paid all prevailing wages etc.
It is advisible you contact a lawyer asap. Do not waste any time.
PM me.
No comments:
Post a Comment